Acoustic Pressure and Intensity (AP&I) Characterisation
In many parts of the world, ultrasonic equipment requires regulatory approval for the appropriate authorities (or their notified bodies) before being bought to market. Increasingly regulations are becoming harmonised around agreed international norms, many of which are IEC standards.
Precision Acoustics has decades of experience in making standards compliant ultrasonic measurements. It is, therefore, able to support equipment manufacturers through the provision of measurement services to the following standards:
- IEC 60854 Methods of measuring the performance of ultrasonic pulse-echo diagnostic equipment
- IEC 61157 Standard means for the reporting of the acoustic output of medical diagnostic ultrasonic equipment
- IEC 61689 Ultrasonics – Physiotherapy systems – Field specifications and methods of measurement in the frequency range 0,5 MHz to 5 MHz
- IEC 62127-1 Ultrasonics – Hydrophones – Part 1: Measurement and characterization of medical ultrasonic fields up to 40 MHz
- IEC 62359 Ultrasonics – Field characterization – Test methods for the determination of thermal and mechanical indices related to medical diagnostic ultrasonic fields
- IEC 62555 Ultrasonics – Power measurement – High-intensity therapeutic ultrasound (HITU) transducers and systems
Find out more
If you would like to find out more about how the measurement team at Precision Acoustics can support you, please contact us.