Integrates with the XYZ Scanning Gantry and a modern oscilloscope.
- Automatically aligns the hydrophone to the beam maximum.
- Includes software routines to ensure hydrophone is stationary before waveform is acquired.
- Can automatically conduct linear or planar scans in any combination of directions e.g. transaxial (x,z or y,z) and transverse (x,y) and the system is not restricted to any primary axis.
- Outputs data in “.txt” (ASCII) format for easy integration with other software packages.
- Automatically computes standard acoustic parameters, including full waveform deconvolution.
- Additional software will be included to automate the control of a customer-specified function generator to enable frequency scans.
UMS Acoustic Parameters
The UMS software has been used to make FDA 510(k) submissions. It calculates the following acoustic parameters at a single hydrophone position. This requires that a calibrated hydrophone be used and we can supply a calibrated needle or membrane hydrophone for this purpose. All calculations are carried out according to the relevant international standards.
|pr||Peak rarefactional pressure|
|pc||Peak compressional pressure|
|pr.3||Derated peak rarefactional pressure|
|pc.3||Derated peak compressional pressure|
|Isppa||Spatial-peak pulse-average intensity|
|Isppa.3||Derated spatial-peak pulse-average intensity|
|AWF||Acoustic working frequency|
|Depth||Distance to start of pulse|
|PII.3||Derated pulse-intensity integral|
Other acoustic parameters can be derived from the above, including (but not restricted to) the following.
|IOB (Output Beam intensity)||Power divided by beam width measured from planar or orthogonal cross scan|
|Focal volume||Combination of beam widths from transverse and axial scans|
|ISPTA (Spatial-peak temporal-average intensity)||For a single-element transducer, PII divided by pulse repetition interval|
|ERA (Effective radiating area)||The area close to the transducer through which most of the acoustic power passes|
|BNR (Beam non-uniformity ratio)||The ratio of the spatial-peak temporal-average intensity to the spatial-average intensity, averaged over the effective radiating area|
If you would like more information, please get in touch by phone, email or enquiry form.
Alternatively complete our enquiry form below.