For Anechoic Test Tank Linings
AptFlex F28 is part of a family of high frequency acoustic absorbers and provides the most cost effective method of absorbing unwanted ultrasonic reflection and acoustic isolation. Other high frequency absorbers within the range provide higher levels of echo reduction.
Ultrasonic Tank Wall Linings
Acoustic output measurements or ultrasonic testing, in general, can be strongly affected by reflections or echoes from test tank walls. This is particularly true for long tone burst or continuous-wave ultrasonic applications. To overcome this, test tanks should be coated with linings which must be of low ultrasonic reflection yet highly absorbent to ultrasound. NPL’s material has been designed specifically to meet this requirement.
Its simple design, being a single layer, ensures that the material is the cost-effective solution for coating large areas such as the walls of an ultrasonic test tank.
High insertion loss, approximated by 30dB/cm/MHz. Insertion loss at frequencies greater than 2MHz is in excess of 60dB. This exceeds the dynamic range of the measurement and hence no more detailed data is available.
- Blue polyurethane rubber material, single-ply nominally homogeneous layer
- Thickness of tile: 10mm, tile dimensions: 300mm by 300mm or 1200mm by 600mm
- Material can be cut using a sharp craft knife into various geometries to meet exact end-user requirements
- Density of 1.01g/m3, is close to that of water
- Specific gravity 1.01
- Longitudinal wave speed (1-10MHz) approx 1500m/s
- Acoustic impedance 1.5MRayls
- Resistant to: isopropyl alcohol (IPA); trichlolethylene
- Affected by: dichloromethane -swells. Avoid prolonged exposure to Ozone and UV
- Stability: very stable due to cross-linked nature of polymer
High echo-reduction, >22dB at 1MHz, degrading to ~15dB at 10MHz. Echo-reduction >18dB over frequency range 1-3MHz.