Aptflex F13 flexible, high performance encapsulation material, exhibiting excellent hydrolytic stability and an acoustic wave speed and acoustic impedance similar to that of fresh water. It provides a compromise between toughness and flexibility and is visually clear
These properties make Aptflex F13 an ideal system for hydrophone potting, or the encapsulation of marine electronics, especially when subsequent visual inspection is required.
It is particularly useful where small, delicate components are being potted since the material exhibits low shrinkage and hence stress during the cure phase.
- Flexibility and resistance to temperature extremes of -50°C to 100°C
- Low moisture sensitivity during the cure phase
- Excellent hydrolytic stability
- Excellent electrical insulation properties
- Acoustic impedance and wave speed similar to that of freshwater
- Low transmission loss and absorption
|Appearance||Natural (straw colour)|
|Density Part A||0.91g/ml|
|Density Part B||1.22g/ml|
|Mix Ratio||4:1 (By Weight A:B)|
|Initial Mixed Viscosity||50 poise at 25°C|
|Usable Life||25 minutes at 25°C|
|Gel Time||50 minutes at 25°C|
|Curing times*:||24-48 hours at 25°C
24 hours at 50°C
16 hours at 80°C
|Hardness||65-70 Shore A|
|Elongation at Break||300%|
*Curing Times are temperature dependant. Precision Acoustics reserves the right to change the specification without notice
The shelf-life of unopened containers is at least 12 months.