The combination of the acoustic and physical properties of the Aptflex F28P acoustic absorber makes it the cost-effective solution for a Radiation Force Balance target for devices measuring acoustic power in the range 2-20W.
- Based on a polyurethane rubber material,single-ply nominally homogeneous layer.
- Pyramidal structured surface with maximum thickness of tiles:8mm.
- Tile Dimensions: 200mm X 250mm x 10mm.
- Coefficient of Linear thermal expansion: 200ppm/oC.
- Specific gravity is 1.01g/cm3 is close to that of water.
- Longitudinal wave speed (1-10MHz) is ≈1500 m/s.
- Acoustic Impedance is 1.5 Mrayls.
- There is a resistance to Isopropyl Alcohol (IPA) and Trichloroethylene.
- It can be affected by Ketons (MEK, Acetone) which causes it to Swell and Dichloromethane which also cause swelling and break down.
- Avoid prolonged exposure to Ozone and UV.
- The stability of F28P is very stable due to cross-linked nature of polymer.
The material can be cut with a sharp craft knife to make various geometries to meet exact
- High transmission loss, approximated by 20dB/cm/MHz.
- High echo-reduction, greater than 20dB at 1MHz, to greater than 40dB above 6MHz.