Pyramidal structured absorber for radiation force balance targets for acoustic power greater than 2W but less than 20W
The combination of the acoustic and physical properties of the Aptflex F28P acoustic absorber makes it the cost-effective solution for a Radiation Force Balance target for devices measuring acoustic power in the range 2-20W.
- Based on a polyurethane rubber material,single-ply nominally homogeneous layer
- Pyramidal structured surface with maximum thickness of tiles:8mm
- Tile Dimensions: 200mm X 250mm x 10mm
- Coefficient of Linear thermal expansion: 200ppm/oC
- Density is 101+ 20 kg/ m3
- Specific gravity is 1.01g/cm3 is close to that of water
- Longitudinal wave speed (1-10MHz) is ≈1500 m/s
- Acoustic Impedance is 1.5 Mrayls
- There is a resistance to Isopropl Alcohol (IPA) and Tricholethylene
- It can be affected by Ketons (MEK, ACetone) which causes it to Swell and Dichloromethane which also cause swelling and break down.
- Avoid prolonged exposure to Ozone and UV.
- THe stability of F28P is very stable due to cross-linked nature of polymer
- The material can be cut with a sharp craft knife in various geometries to meet exact end-user requirements
- high transmission loss, approximated by 20dB/cm/MHz
- high echo-reduction, greater than 20dB at 1MHz, to greater than 40dB above 6MHz